Remote GateKeeper on ver 7

Discussion for beta versions of WinGate

Remote GateKeeper on ver 7

Postby Franky692 » Oct 11 11 3:20 am

We are testing Ver 7 Beta in our network installed on a Winsows Server 2008 with about 30 clients.
I want to access Wingate trough GateKeeper from a client PC in my local area network
I tried to simply copy GateKeeper.exe and run it but is not enough. It needs some dll to run correctly: SSLeay32.dll, libeay32.dll, ToolkitPro1342vc60U.dll.
So my first question is: are these dll and exe file enough to have gatekeeper working on a PC? Is there any way to install it from a setup?
Second stage is the computer IP connection string. I use : 192.168.10.1:808 since my Server has 192.168.10.1 as static IP. Trying in this way I get an error: Connection refused by server. So I guess that I need permissions to connect gatekeeper from a local network. So I go in "remote control service properties" and I try to insert a permission in the binding panel: "bind from any IP address in the local area network".
At this point I have connection from my client and I can use gatekeeper….

My question is :
is it everything correct in my procedure? Any risk? Any missing file?

Thanks
Franky692

Re: Remote GateKeeper on ver 7

Postby adrien » Oct 11 11 9:21 am

Hi

it looks like you went through the main steps. There is actually a way to use the main WinGate installer to install GateKeeper - just select only the Management console option in the installer, and it will put the necessary files.

Apart from those DLLs, the only other thing you will be missing is help files, so F1 help won't be working for you.

For accessing the remote control service remotely, we recommend enabling TLS on the binding policy once you create a certificate in WinGate.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Franky692 » Oct 20 11 1:50 am

I installed the Gatekeeper from Setup of WinGate7.0.0.3311-USE and Help link does't work, from the Start link icon and from inside GateKeeper the help doesn't start.
Seems that the file \WinGate\WinGateHelp.col is missed.
Franky692

Postby adrien » Oct 20 11 10:36 am

Hi

that WinGate\WinGateHelp.col is used only for the start menu help link.

For F1 in GateKeeper, we build a dynamic .col file, which goes under the user's application data folder.

Which Os is this on? there may be some permissions issue.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Franky692 » Oct 20 11 7:40 pm

It's on WIN7 32 bit and Windows Server 2008.
The wingate beta 7 (previous version was OK)
Franky692

Postby adrien » Oct 21 11 11:18 pm

Hi

thanks for the remote access details, I've fixed the help collection for you.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate Beta