Empty Navigation on German Windows

Discussion for beta versions of WinGate

Empty Navigation on German Windows

Postby PeterG » Oct 25 11 10:44 pm

Hi,

I tried WinGate 7 (Beta3 and RC1) on Win7 Ultimate x32 German (and also on XP Pro German) and i choose 'Windows Users and Groups Connector'.
After that in the navigation bar only the main categories (Welcome, Monitoring, Web...) will be shown. So i can't check or change anything.

I tried also to choose 'WinGate user database', add Full Permissions for 'Everyone' to 'All objects' and change User database provider to 'Windows Users and Groups Connector'. After this, i have the same result: I can Logon with Administrator, but not Subitems in Navigation.

I think, the problem is the German version of windows; the Name of the Admin-Group is here 'Administratoren' (User Paradise, who used also a german version, had the same problem; see http://forum.wingate.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40862)
I tried it als on XP Pro Englisch and here it works fine.

Another question: if i purchase a License for WG6 now, can this License be used for 7?
Please excuse my not perfect English.
PeterG

Re: Empty Navigation on German Windows

Postby adrien » Oct 26 11 12:14 am

Hi

when you change user database provider, all accounts etc are different, since everything is based around a security ID (SID). So Administrator in the WinGate UDB is not the same as in the Windows one.

However, once you changed the permissions on all object to be everyone, that should have worked for all user database (UDB) providers.

We use well-known relative IDs to find the administrators group, so we don't rely on the name of the group.

Windows 7 I don't think has an administrators group by default, or perhaps the Administrator account isn't a member. Did you check local users and groups?

Regards

Adrien

p.s all licenses purchased now work in WG6 and WG7
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby adrien » Oct 26 11 12:20 am

p.p.s. if you like I could have a look remotely at your server - we recommend teamviewer for that.

Just open a support ticket at http://support.qbik.com, or email support@wingate.com with details.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby PeterG » Oct 27 11 9:51 pm

Hi Adrien,
thank you very much for locating and fixing the bug with the Windows User provider in German Windows.
(I think, the fix will be included in the next release of WG7).
I'm very impressed by the rapid reaction of your support.

Regards,
Peter
Please excuse my not perfect English.
PeterG

Postby adrien » Oct 27 11 10:47 pm

Hi Peter

you're welcome. It was a good / important bug to find, so thanks for your help with that.

We'll be releasing another update quite soon, we've fixed another couple of bugs as well.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate Beta