Scan files/folders w/ clean setting does not clean

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Scan files/folders w/ clean setting does not clean

Postby mbmast » Nov 17 04 7:58 pm

I am doing a quick scan with the "Clean File/Folders" setting. When an infected file is found, the action listed is "No action taken." Why didn't KAV clean the file or ask me if I wanted to delete the file. Why did it do nothing?

Thanks,

Mike.
mbmast

Postby Pascal » Nov 18 04 9:38 am

It is not always able to clean the files. In those cases, it can't automatically make the decision to delete the file for you - and prompting when you are running a scan of a large hard drive might get annoying.

If you right click on an entry, you should have the option to "Delete File" or take any other available actions. It only publishes the files that are infected in that list (Or those it might have some other problem with) so there shouldn't be a lot to go through.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby mbmast » Nov 18 04 10:09 am

Pascal,

Ok, thanks, but it is not behaving the way it is described. It does say that if it can't clean the file it will ask to delete the file and it is NOT doing that.

Also, believe I tried right clicking on the listed file and recall that nothing happened.

I'll try running it again, this time with "delete file" selected instead of "clean"

Thanks,

Mike.
mbmast

Postby Pascal » Nov 18 04 10:13 am

mbmast wrote:It does say that if it can't clean the file it will ask to delete the file and it is NOT doing that.

If that's the case, it's a documentation mistake. Was the file reported as "Infected" ? If the file is not reported as "Infected", "Delete" will not be an option.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate