Crossgrade for Kaspersky AV doesn't work

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Crossgrade for Kaspersky AV doesn't work

Postby Docjazz » Feb 01 04 4:17 am

I've baught a crossgrade from Visnetic to Kaspersky but it doesn't work. After installing Kaspersky AV with the new key WinGate tells me that the license has expired and Kaspersky AV that it is valid until 30.Jan.2005. All fields for scanning are disabled and when entering the license again I get a message that the license-manager can not be found. Please help!
Docjazz

Re: Crossgrade for Kaspersky AV doesn't work

Postby Pascal » Feb 02 04 10:59 am

Docjazz wrote:I've baught a crossgrade from Visnetic to Kaspersky but it doesn't work. After installing Kaspersky AV with the new key WinGate tells me that the license has expired and Kaspersky AV that it is valid until 30.Jan.2005. All fields for scanning are disabled and when entering the license again I get a message that the license-manager can not be found. Please help!

Okay, the first thing to do is to check that you only have one "*.key" file in the folder you installed Kaspersky AntiVirus to.

Second, ensure that you have the latest version (1.2.2) installed.

Third, verify that you have downloaded the antivirus databases.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby Docjazz » Feb 02 04 6:46 pm

Thanks, meanwhile I've solvd the problem - there is a folder in "Gemeinsame Dateien" = Common Files which is not deletet during deinstall of Visnetic AV (something like "VAV..."). You have to delete that manually then it works. Maybe that arises only with German Windows versions.

Greetings - Dieter Eschberger
Docjazz

Crossgrade?

Postby jazzzz » Feb 04 04 12:01 pm

Where and how can I purchase the crossgrade?
Life's a journey enjoy the ride...
jazzzz
jazzzz

Re: Crossgrade?

Postby Pascal » Feb 04 04 12:06 pm

jazzzz wrote:Where and how can I purchase the crossgrade?

Either through your local reseller (List available from: https://commerce.qbik.com/purchase.php) or from from Qbik directly (Same page - the bottom entry is for crossgrades)
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Page cannot be displayed

Postby jazzzz » Feb 04 04 12:15 pm

is what I receive when I click on the link?
jazzzz
jazzzz

Re: Page cannot be displayed

Postby Pascal » Feb 04 04 12:25 pm

jazzzz wrote:is what I receive when I click on the link?

Okay, that must be redirection then. Go to www.qbik.com and click [Purchase] at the top of the page.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Removed the ) from the link and it worked but

Postby jazzzz » Feb 04 04 12:25 pm

I received the following error!

Unsupported License Error
The key and name you provided decoded, however this license type is not supported by this system. Contact sales@wingate.com if you have any queries.

All I want to do is upgrade my Anti Virus, the Deerfield AV is letting to many viruses through. What is the difference between the 3 user and 6 user AV and why should I care. I do run a network and I would like to block any viruses to our clients, also?
jazzzz
jazzzz

Postby adrien » Feb 04 04 12:29 pm

sounds like that might have been one of the free 6 month keys.

Would you be able to email me the key you are trying to upgrade and I will check out what the problem is.

send it to adrien at qbik dot com

That particular error means we decoded the key, but when we tried to look up that type of license in our upgrade database, we didn't find it, which means it is a type of license we didn't know about.

Fixing that would be simple once we know how the key decodes.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby adrien » Feb 04 04 7:12 pm

Hi

When I enter your key into the upgrade wizard, it shows up as a 3 user VisNetic AV fine. Make sure you have no spaces or anything in the key at the start or finish.

As for your other question, the 12 user onwards allows you to run more concurrent scanning engines. We haven't found a problem with running just the 2 that the 3 user key runs by default though.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Thank you Adrien

Postby jazzzz » Feb 05 04 9:18 am

I took care of the AV on my system and installed the gate on another client today from Hazleton. Thank You.
jazzzz
jazzzz

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate