Kaspersky hogs all the memory

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Kaspersky hogs all the memory

Postby bztips » Feb 25 04 10:25 am

We have latest version of Kaspersky plug-in installed. Everything seems to work normally most of the time, but every so often kavss.exe just runs and runs and runs, and occupies 90-95% of available memory, causing Wingate itself (and anything else on the server) to slow to a crawl. I don't see anywhere an option to schedule a scan of an entire drive, so I don't know what's causing this. Any ideas?

Thx.
/Bill
bztips

Postby Pascal » Feb 25 04 10:50 am

Does this co-incide with:

(a) a data file update OR
(b) a download that is being scanned where the download is an excessively large file ? (Service pack size or larger)

You can check the scheduled times for data file updates in the Scheduler to see if there is any chance of them co-inciding.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby bztips » Feb 25 04 11:09 am

No, there is nothing being downloaded when this happens. Kaspersky just chews up all the memory and constantly accesses the hard drive -- endlessly, until we reboot.

Like I said, I don't see any Scheduler anywhere in KAV. What scheduler are you talking about?

/Bill
bztips

Postby Pascal » Feb 25 04 11:11 am

bztips wrote:Like I said, I don't see any Scheduler anywhere in KAV. What scheduler are you talking about?

The Scheduler in WinGate. By default it is set to download / update the AntiVirus Databases once every 3 days (I think it's 3 days).
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby bztips » Feb 26 04 6:00 am

Well, I must be missing something, because I don't see an anti-virus scheduler dialog anywhere in Wingate either.

But that's not the problem anyway; there is nothing being downloaded. It's just that kavss.exe just chews up all the memory and constantly accesses the hard drive until we reboot. Again, this happens only periodically (once every several days).

/Bill
bztips

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate