Visnetic Plugin is not working with Wingate 5.2.0 !

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Visnetic Plugin is not working with Wingate 5.2.0 !

Postby pdezeeuw » Nov 28 03 9:51 pm

We updated our Wingate Proxy from 5.0.7 to 5.2.0.
Visnetic Antivirus Plugin was working fine but now it isn't :-(
When I click the registration link of the Visnetic plugin it says i have registered until june 2004 but when I click the plugin tab in Wingate it says it's not registered ?!? And is of course not scanning.
I saw there were some more topics regarding this subject but have not read a reply that told me how to fix this...
When i uninstall the Visnetic plugin and replace it by the new Kaspersky plugin it is working but that's a trial version and I don't want to pay for something I already have...

I think it's a bug in Wingate or a clever trick from Qbik so we buy the new Kaspersky plugin ?

PLease respond because I think there are loads of users who expierience the very same problem.
pdezeeuw

Postby dovale » Nov 29 03 5:41 am

I have the same problem.
dovale

Postby Pxt » Nov 29 03 6:42 am

Hi

We were forced to reinstall wingate 5.1 to get Visnetic Av working and scanning

This Week , like a lot of other users, wingate reported the Visnetic plugin not to be registered, when it quite clearly is in the setting for the Av product itself.

We have since upgraded to wingate 5.2 and reinstalled Visnetic and re-registered and still no scanning.

We upgraded the Visnetiv Av just before the New wingate 5.1 and Kapersky plug-in were released.

When Altn moved away from deerfield, there was a free cross upgrade, why does Qbik not have a similar policy for its user base. We dont really want to pay again a Av product that works with Wingate.

Help will be appreciated ( free cross upgrade will be even more appreciated)

thanks

pxt
Pxt

Re: Visnetic Plugin is not working with Wingate 5.2.0 !

Postby Pascal » Dec 01 03 7:08 am

One thing to verify is the following:

If you open the Deerfield AntiVirus Update Scheduler, you will see which engines it is licensed for. (There are two, a single threaded one and a multi-threaded one) The VisNetic AntiVirus Plugin for WinGate works with the single threaded engine.

In 99% of the cases the problem is that the license for the single threaded engine has dissapeared. This is outside of our control, as the licensing for that plugin is handled by Deerfield.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby saubrey » Dec 02 03 6:11 pm

Is 5.1.2 supposed to correctly support the Visnetic AV plug-in? I am in the same boat as Pxt. I purchased a 1 year license from Deerfield in August. Will that license work correctly in Wingate 5.1.2?

And the related question is can the Visnetic AV license be used for the new Kapersky plug-in?

Thanks, Steve
saubrey
WinGate Master

Postby markt » Dec 03 03 2:53 am

Our installation of 5.0.7 exploded overnight with 'Out of memory' errors galore reported by Visnetic AV. No amount of restarting & re-installing 5.0.7 worked.

I reluctantly installed 5.2, installed Puresight over our existing
GateFilter which seems to have accepted the license, and then
installed Visnetic AV 4.4.3, again the license has been picked up.

I have tested from the eircar.com site and downloads are blocked.

Which seems to prove that these things DO work together, but I agree
that we do seem to have been left on our own to figure these out.
Still a great product, I just think a more comprehensive explanation
over the VisAV -> Kaspersky and GateFilter ->Puresight issues would have helped.
markt

Postby Pxt » Dec 03 03 6:20 am

Upgraded to Visnetic Av 4.4.3.1 and scanning seems to be working now with wingate 5.2.

pxt
Pxt

Postby Xavier » Feb 20 04 11:40 pm

We have 3 WinGate licenses including 1 year AV (VISNETIC) with each license. The licenses were bought to Deerfield and the licenses are valid until May and November 2004 so they are no expired
However, the AV licenses are not being updated since the beginning of February.
We have seen in the forum some customers with the same problem.
We assume that teh VISNETIC AV license is still valid since we bought 1 year license although WinGate now works with Karpersky
Please, We would need a rapid response since we have had this problem for several days and we have no protection at all against Virus.
Deerfield, after several days, informed us that Qbik is now offering support for all the Deefield customers with WG lincenses. If you want, we can give you all the details regarding licenses
Many thanks in advance
Carles
Xavier

Postby Pascal » Feb 23 04 7:17 am

Xavier wrote:However, the AV licenses are not being updated since the beginning of February.

I'm not following you here 100%. The AV licenses for VisNetic AntiVirus are handled by Deerfield themselves. A few things to keep in mind:

1. Qbik does not handle adding / removing of the Visnetic licenses - this is all done through the VisNetic AntiVirus Update Scheduler

2. Updates to the AntiVirus database is handled by the same program

3. If your plugin is showing as unlicensed / non-functioning, double check in the Update Scheduler that the single-threaded engine is available.

If those three items don't help, send me a screenshot of your problem, then we'll go from there.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby Xavier » Feb 26 04 4:07 am

[Hi Pascal ,
Thanks very much for your mail.
The problem is that after installing the Visnetic plugin with AV Key, we see in the visnetic report viewer that the program is trying to update in the kasperky web site . Obviously , since the key is for Visnetic AV and not for Kaspersky, teh AV is not being updated. Since we have a 1 year license, we should be able to update teh AV even if WinGate is not working anymore with Visnetic but Kaspersky
We do not want to buy the Kaspersky key since we already bought one key.
Let me know if you have any doubt,
Regards
Xavier
Xavier

Postby Pascal » Feb 26 04 7:23 am

VisNetic AntiVirus is also based on the Kaspersky AntiVirus Engine. AntiVirus updates for that product will come either from Deerfield or directly from Kaspersky.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Update process failed.

Postby Xavier » Feb 26 04 8:22 am

Pascal wrote:VisNetic AntiVirus is also based on the Kaspersky AntiVirus Engine. AntiVirus updates for that product will come either from Deerfield or directly from Kaspersky.

Many thanks for your fast response. Anyway the Update process failed all the time. It seems that the Updater of the Visnetic Antivirus Plug-In can not connect to any VisNetic Antivirus Plug-In downloads. The connection to AV database Updater does not work properly. Why??
I would be grateful if you find a solution.
Thanks in advance,
Xavier
Xavier

Postby Pascal » Feb 26 04 8:24 am

The Updater will be running on your WinGate Server. If you have an established internet connection, it should work 100%.

I'm not too familiar with VisNetic's updater, so I'm not sure if it provides some form of log or not. You could confirm this with Deerfield, perhaps they could offer more useful advice on why it won't connect ?
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate